BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which parts do I need for the Alpine mp3 changer install? I don't mind that I can't see the CD text..I can always make an index paper (ghetto..I know). How much does it all cost, and how easy is the install?

·
blackonblack
270 Posts
I don't know about the install...I would love to get more information about it.

I ordered the complete set (Changer, as well as all converters) from autotoys.com for 330 shipped (look on their 'specials').

If anyone has any install info, let me know. i will be trying to install this either tomorrow night, friday or over the weekend.

wish me luck.

sig.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just installed mine last weekend....the only annoying part were the plastic pop rivets for the driver's side tray (no nav). Ended up having to buy new ones. Couldn't mount it on the battery cover like I wanted, too wide.

It was simply, plug it in and it works. Finding a way to nicely coil the wire in such a tight space was tough. And I mounted mine vertically to the tray, it's not a 100% rock solid mounting platform but I haven't gotten it to skip.

Earlier reports say that you can't play mp3 files from folders; mine does just fine. Track selection is a little on the slow side just like everybody else says though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts