E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to burn and Play MP3s in the Car. Those Original CDs Capacity is way too small. I have done some research in this forum but the posts were rather confusing.

Is the Alpine CHA-S634 good? I need a cd Changer that supports MP3 and I can still use the original head unit because it is best for me to keep the Head unit so the steering wheel functions will still work.

Do I need Adaptors and stuff? A Mounting Rack?

Please Help!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have this setup and Blitsafe adapter. Easy to install and worth the money.. Enjoy :thumbup:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I *had* this setup using the soundgate (was for sale; think it's sold, should know on Wed for sure) and it was the perfect solution for me.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,295 Posts
YES!!
The Alpine S634 will work with your OEM head unit. Just get the correct pieces/parts and you'll be fine.

1. Alpine CHA-S634
2. Alpine KCA-130B Adapter
3. Soungate/Blitzsafe Adapter

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem is I do not have the navigation. Is the Player supposed to be mounted outside then?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Micro64 said:
The problem is I do not have the navigation. Is the Player supposed to be mounted outside then?
Not a problem. There are several ways to install the changer, including getting the navigation brackets/trunk liner.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so i need the soundgate adaptor and the Alpine CD Player.
Is alpine the only good cd player avaible(must have MP3) for the BMW

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah man i feel u i want mp3 too. but have any of you thought of this - you can't really control directories from the OEM head unit of a 3-series... it isn't smart enough. So how are u gonna find the mp3 or the directory you would like to listen to at any given time? all u can do is play cd #3 from the changer and listen to 100 songs on a cd with no real organization to say, yeah i want to play such and such track in my red hot chili peppers folder, nah mean? that's why i'm looking into installing a NEO Car Jukebox. From what I've learned, you can hook it up directly to the back of your OEM radio like the cd changer(w/ an extra adapter) so u get A/V input sound, and you can control it with a wired controller. Check it out at: http://www.ssiamerica.com/. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to integrate the wired controller with my dash... i'm thinking about the compartment underneath the temp controls... any ideas from anyone would be appreciated... short of having someone custom build it ;) (costing me about $125)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts