BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to move the climate control down to the bottom area where the current pocket is (as in the vehicles with the Nav system) to custom install a Clarion in dash DVD and EQ. Is there any sort of extra brackets needed to do this? It looks like a direct fit. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Feel free to email me!

Attachments

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
you need the right carrier... i ahve the part number somewhere here. also depends on what options you have, like.... HK, dsc, heated seats, etc

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have DSC of course, H/K Stereo, and the smokers package--with the lighter and the ash tray. Who would smoke in a BMW anyway? . No heated seats :( , PDC, or any of that stuff. Are they expensive?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my buttons are identical to yours. DSC and the speaker emblem. Thats it.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
So is this what you plan on doing? hehehe

All you need is that part which is listed above and it's a direct swap out to the new one.

I had a local shop fabricate the fiberglass mount since I'm not that good with fiberglass. You CAN NOT locate the deck below since you don't have enough depth. I was going to do that at first to avoid vent blockage but unless you remold the vents, that is not possible. :)

late,
rick

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rick! I have the exact same Clarion DVD Unit going into my car and an Audiocontrol Parametric EQ going into my car. The deck sticks out way too far if you just use a normal mount kit and it looks retarded sitting to the left. Thanks a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts