E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says, move the cruise control. Is it possible? Has anyone done it? Like moved the buttons for it
Been thinking about getting a luisi steering wheel and will therefore not have the buttoncontrols on the steering wheel. The radio controls are no problem since you could just move your hand over to the stereo to control it. But if you remove the steering wheel controls you'll loose the cruise control completly. And i use that way to much to just take it away.
so onces again, is it possible to put the cruise controls somewhere else? it probably is, but has anyone done this?
and yes, i assume i would take a lot of work. yes, i know i won't be worth all it takes. so that you don't have to tell me
thanks in advantage :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
well.. its just electronics.. so if you are handy in drilling holes and soldering i think you have a decent chance to do it :p

i mean, it's just wires and connectors, nothing special if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah you're probably right
would be nice to see someone else done it though
just if anyone knows the wirering, and also to see where would be a good spot to move it to

guess that it would require to disassemble the steering wheel quite a bit to get the buttons loose?
and depending on where to put the buttons it will probably require removing some interior to be able to feed the wires through?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts