BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today I picked up my firrst aid kit boxes and brackets (2 of each). They did not come with any mounting hardware, and I don't know how to attach them. I read somewhere that someone got 6 screws with the set. Can anyone give me the part number for these?

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas on this!
-Jeff (giambi77)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
maybe when you finish, you can post a DIY?:thumbup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
giambi77 said:
Just today I picked up my firrst aid kit boxes and brackets (2 of each). They did not come with any mounting hardware, and I don't know how to attach them. I read somewhere that someone got 6 screws with the set. Can anyone give me the part number for these?

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas on this!
-Jeff (giambi77)
I will tell you from my recent experience that the M6 self tapping screws that BMW gave me were to small. I had to go down to the local store and get 6 larger screws. I unfortunately didnt write down the size.

Good luck

John V

http://john.northsyde.com/galleries/firstaid/firstaid.htm

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Here

Here you go guys, a DIY that worked for me, enjoy and post some pics!

First Aid Kit DIY

·
Registered
700 Posts
mtnbound said:
I just came across these, if anyone is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6779&item=1876088617

I kind of like the idea of just getting the box and bracket for some additional storage (thanks for the p/ns JohnV!).
your welcome. That ebay ad is a good deal.

I do use both of my boxes currently. I dont have a first aid kit in them though, I have cds in one, and just random crap I had in my door panels before... They work great.. :thumbup:

John V

·
Registered
297 Posts
screw size...

for some additional information, the correct screw size is 14x at 1/2 inch. I used sheet metal screws that have a socket tip. This way it can be easily screwed in with an adjutable socket set. Sorry can't take any pics, but don't get them too long otherwise those with sport seats, the sport extension won't open...Trust me on this one guys....:lmao: :lmao:

Btw..thanks JohnV325CI and Shinobi for help during the installation.

Eric

·
Registered
700 Posts
mnice78 said:
do the boxes affect the movement of the seats at all?
Nope not at all...

John V

·
Registered
930 Posts
Word of caution:

The lid of the first aid box is hinged with plastic and i find that it opens very easily and passengers in the front seat may inadventently rest their heels on it causing the lid to shear off at hinges.....Happaned to me.....and I had to give my girlfriend a talk on where she can and cannot rest her heels:D :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
will917 said:
one prob though, how u gonna fish out the random crap that falls under the seat?
good question. I found 9 Cds and cases last time I looked under there. It was all Cds I had like the first week I got my car and I never knew where they went.

·
unregistered user
817 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
Has anyone ever used this? I mean does it serve a purpose or is it more of a novelty thing...
Yeah I had to use mine....was picking some freinds up at the bar after one of them got in a fight....the other guy needed it worse than my bro. :flipoff: Just never know when some punks in civic wanna talk sh**! But that's another story!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts