BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a ton and didn't find anything helpful... all of the alarm DIY's I've found are for cars without moonroofs. Under my headliner, there is no plastic bracket for the shock sensor to mount onto like there is in every DIY I've seen. Should I just put the shock sensor in there without being attached to anything, or tape it or glue it to the headliner? I don't really know how secure it has to be to work properly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think the space you are thinking about is that plastic right behind your moonroof (where the interior motion sensor is located I think). There is also another spot i've seen a diy is behind the glovebox. But i don't think there is a stock Shock sensor, do you mean that aftermarket one that can be adapted to work? Or maybe you are trying to install the motion sensor?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. My 04 coupe has no place I can see for the sensor. Where does it plug in at? I have no plastic cover behind my sunroof either.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
So where does it install on a coupe with a sunroof????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i was unsure of what to call it as i've seen people call it different things in all the threads i've read... thanks for the clarification. anyway, i bought the oem alarm package from tischer bmw (came with three parts, the siren, tilt sensor, and ultrasonic/motion sensor). the diy's i found explain very well how to install the exact piece i have in the headliner of a car without a moonroof, but mine is slightly different since it also houses the moonroof motor and controls. like i said, it is also missing the plastic bracket for it to snap into. i ended up securing it in place with some pretty strong tape. it seems to me like it will be fine, i was just wondering if other people have had the same problem and found a better solution. once i get around to getting it activated, i'll see how it works and post an update.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That sounds odd, maybe 04 is different, but I have an 03 with moonroof and installed the parts for the alarm myself. The spot for the motion sensor is behind your moonrof (not in front where you have the controls).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm.... maybe i just completely spaced out and overlooked the spot where it's supposed to be installed. i'll take a look today and see if i put it in the wrong spot... that's still pretty odd though because there was a plug in the compartment i put it in that fit into the sensor, and the sensor fit pretty well into the compartment. also, the compartment had the same arrow pointing toward the front of the car that the diy's mentioned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup, turns out i somehow managed to not even realize that part of my car was there :facepalm:. now i'm just wondering what that other plug goes to, and why the same arrow was in the other compartment...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts