BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I decided to post this while I have the custom harness still attached, and if it doesn't sell, the harness will come off and it'll go up on eBay.

This is a Motorola S9563 Professional DSP Hands-Free car kit for Motorola v60 series cellphones. It was removed from my MY01 E46 today, as I've recently switched phones and will no longer be needing this kit. I used it with my v60g GSM handset, though Motorola claims it will work with any v60. This is the "professional" kit and hardwires to the car, and doesn't plug into the lighter socket or something. The handset clips into a mounted cradle when in use, where it receives power and has connections to a mic, speaker, antenna, and an optional 2nd corded handset.

The harness that it's currently attached to was built by me to connect into the prewiring found in the center console of a E46. It should plug right into any E46 that is prewired for the CPT7000/8000 phones and also has a small 6-pin connector in the console. This applies to MY00 and MY01 cars for sure, but not all years may have it. The harness connects to the car's own cell speaker, power, ground, and radio mute (though that's currently not wired and you'll need to solder in 1 wire for that). You will need to mount the mic that comes in the kit, as the car doesn't come with a mic, and it can't be used for this anyhow.

$60 shipped in the CONUS.

PM or email [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's tentatively sold.

It does come with an instruction book, but there isn't much to using it. Put the phone in the cradle. That's about it.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with the steerig wheel buttons. If there's some way to rig it up, I don't know about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts