E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i start my car in the mornings the engine is mad cold and what i do it turn it to the position before turning the engine on... wait 5 seconds then start the car

but when im driving for the first minute very slowlying the car wobbles like crazy and theres random jumps when i accelerate..

why

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
weirdly mine shakes and vibrates for maybe 10-20 seconds when I start it up then smooths out. I think of it just some hiccups for a high performance engine. my motorcycle engine does the same.
that is true, because even with new coils, good plugs, New o-Disa ring gasket w high temp gasket sealer and very good clean ICV,DISA, and new vaccum lines and i still get that hesitation just right when its coming down from warming up on 900-1k rpm (higher bad Vanos i suppose) to 700 rpm. (Normal idle)

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
that is true, because even with new coils, good plugs, New o-Disa ring gasket w high temp gasket sealer and very good clean ICV,DISA, and new vaccum lines and i still get that hesitation just right when its coming down from warming up on 900-1k rpm (higher bad Vanos i suppose) to 700 rpm. (Normal idle)
Ive replaced Vanos, VCG, spark plugs, air filter, OFHG, cleaned MAF, nothing changed. the hiccup does not make the engine run rough or anything. engine tone does not change. I think could be engine mounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.