E46 Fanatics Forum banner
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
too much crankcase pressure , how much boost you hit ? 1- 10an line for me wasnt enough , it would make valve cover leak in 2 days and I had smoke out of the exhaust , then I put another 10an line to another catch can and it was gone , now smoke comes out from catch cans ( vapor since its brick af rn) , but still valve cover leaking ( aluminum one ) Idk how to end this0)))

·
Because Race...Convertible?
Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Smoke after the hill is still happening. I'm thinking I'd like to temporarily vent the valve cover to atmosphere and block off the catch can to see if it's causing crank case pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
9.4 peak. I had a boost tap for logging but it was accidentally on the output side of the boost solenoid

·
Registered
8,430 Posts

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Car accidentally boosted to 20 and nothing happened

That's good to know. Seems like I can just keep spare rubber boots until I find some silicone ones

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Id imagine an older one would blow but this is new and pliable

That makes sense. Keep us updated with how the car runs :thumbup:

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Air fuel looked like wavy hills but it never went lean. It made those numbers on the first pull and I was done lol

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Air fuel looked like wavy hills but it never went lean. It made those numbers on the first pull and I was done lol

All done by you?

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Base 512 with maf tables by George. 64 tune made by me with help from vitality. He has a running George tune on 93, I changed it up. Mostly me

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Base 512 with maf tables by George. 64 tune made by me with help from vitality. He has a running George tune on 93, I changed it up. Mostly me

Nice. Is the 512 similar to the few maps file? I'm guessing he scaled the injectors and extended the maf tables?

·
Registered
8,430 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Where did you stick the f-connector into? Also, what intercooler piping did you use?

+1.
How’d you handle all the vacuum lines under boost? I’ve seen people running vacuum blocks, etc, but seems kinda unnecessary. Seems there is a much simpler way for it to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

121 - 140 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.