E46 Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 120 of 165 Posts

· Registered
8,427 Posts
I didn't have a good experience with Siemens Deka 60 lb. Switched to Bosch and much better
On this engine I won't be running E85 or making crazy power. I'm thinking Bosch green giants (genuine) would be adequate

· Because Race...Convertible?
Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Im expecting a whole new set of problems the first time the engine sees boost. Ive already smoke tested but i will immediately after the first boost. The current concerns are finishing the exhaust, getting it on the road, making sure the tune can cruise, then make power

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Im expecting a whole new set of problems the first time the engine sees boost. Ive already smoke tested but i will immediately after the first boost. The current concerns are finishing the exhaust, getting it on the road, making sure the tune can cruise, then make power
Sounds like a plan but why are you expecting issues?

· Registered
8,427 Posts
I expecting an old or unsecured vacuum line somewhere to pop off
That's nothing big.

What did you do for the ports on the back of the itnake manifold and how did you do your ccv? Those are places I could think of boost popping things

Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Car has had a catch can for years. pcv345 for the check valve. All the lines ive touched have been secured but i didnt remove the manifold like i had planned to

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Car has had a catch can for years. pcv345 for the check valve. All the lines ive touched have been secured but i didnt remove the manifold like i had planned to
What about boost references for your BOV and wastegate?
I think I'm gonna use one port from the back of the IM for my BOV boost reference and another for my boost gauge. I'll get my boost reference for my wastegate from my hot side intercooler piping

Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
You know the plastic crossover hose on the vacuum distributor on the top of the manifold? I removed it, used one end to feed the factory F Tee for fuel pressure and brakes, and the other end feeds the boost controller/gauge and the wastegate. I originally had the later tapped from the turbo, but boost there is much higher than the manifold sees. Ill grab a picture tomorrow

· Registered
8,427 Posts
You know the plastic crossover hose on the vacuum distributor on the top of the manifold? I removed it, used one end to feed the factory F Tee for fuel pressure and brakes, and the other end feeds the boost controller/gauge and the wastegate. I originally had the later tapped from the turbo, but boost there is much higher than the manifold sees. Ill grab a picture tomorrow
Where it goes from towards the OFH to towards the cabin filter housing?

· Registered
8,427 Posts
I have a brand new set of Green Giants if you're interested
I may have been mixing up the wording with green tops and green giants. How much are those rated for?

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Sounds like it'll be good enough for me. I probably won't have the money to buy them until 2 or 3 months later if you'll still have them

Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Car is running reasonably well, though currently lean on boost.

There's is a sustained long steep hill going to my house and both times I've gone up it, my car is billowing smoke by the top of the hill. A few seconds later and the smoke is completely gone. Only happens on hills. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
630 Posts
Car is running reasonably well, though currently lean on boost.

There's is a sustained long steep hill going to my house and both times I've gone up it, my car is billowing smoke by the top of the hill. A few seconds later and the smoke is completely gone. Only happens on hills. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an oil pressure sensor? Turbo might be getting fed more oil because of increased load?
Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

101 - 120 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.