·
Registered
8,188 Posts

·
Because Race...Convertible?
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Searching for a name brand one. Build isn't happening quickly anyway. A 38mm gate should be enough to bypass enough to make 6-8lbs right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Searching for a name brand one. Build isn't happening quickly anyway. A 38mm gate should be enough to bypass enough to make 6-8lbs right?

That's what I'm doing. I'm getting a TiAL F38

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was hoping to not need a blow off valve due to packaging concerns but my turbo isn't antisurge, so I'll have to find a spot for it

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a 38mm wastegate , and no matter what spring i put in it , min boost i get 10psi , which means i gotta get a bigger gate , but the pipe to the gate is small , so maybe weld a another piece of pipe to the manifold and run another gate, but 10psi doesnt concern me , cuz im gonna go or blow 24psi

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a 38mm wastegate , and no matter what spring i put in it , min boost i get 10psi , which means i gotta get a bigger gate , but the pipe to the gate is small , so maybe weld a another piece of pipe to the manifold and run another gate, but 10psi doesnt concern me , cuz im gonna go or blow 24psi

What have you done about the MAF? Stock maf? Where are you running the the maf? Before turbo(turbo intake air) or after the intercooler?

What are your plans for the maf CarbonZHP?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
After checking out the spacing, I will be using an air to air cooler, taking a different route than others have used, and removing the standard electric fan in favor of a low profile unit from the likes of mishimoto. The space will be needed at the edges

·
Registered
8,188 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Use a ford mustang svt MAF and tune for it. Worked like a charm for me! ;)

That is until I broke my supercharger lol. But seriously, i used the pigtail and maf, scaled it and went with larger injectors. (MS43 MAF hack, FI setting on ECU). Only had to tune a few flat spots. works well, prob not pristine with my limited tuning but good enough that I don't feel a need to mess with it.:thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.