E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
My understanding is that the turbo itself sits in the way of the AC lines. So they would need to be rerouted. And I’ve seen only very little success with this, and I mean VERY LITTLE with no details. I’ve decided to go bottom mount just like armneh7. I guess we’ll see how this goes lol

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

· Registered
630 Posts
I have a 38mm wastegate , and no matter what spring i put in it , min boost i get 10psi , which means i gotta get a bigger gate , but the pipe to the gate is small , so maybe weld a another piece of pipe to the manifold and run another gate, but 10psi doesnt concern me , cuz im gonna go or blow 24psi

What have you done about the MAF? Stock maf? Where are you running the the maf? Before turbo(turbo intake air) or after the intercooler?

What are your plans for the maf CarbonZHP?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

· Registered
630 Posts
Use a ford mustang svt MAF and tune for it. Worked like a charm for me! ;)

That is until I broke my supercharger lol. But seriously, i used the pigtail and maf, scaled it and went with larger injectors. (MS43 MAF hack, FI setting on ECU). Only had to tune a few flat spots. works well, prob not pristine with my limited tuning but good enough that I don't feel a need to mess with it.:thumbsup:

I would love to know the details of the SVT Maf.

· Registered
630 Posts
If you guys need help with a tune , maybe i can help you out somehow. I had problem when I went from rs4 maf to HPMAX maf car wouldnt run , untill I did proper rescale of everything.

When the times comes your help would be greatly appreciated...from many people.

But just to share something I learned:
I contacted CX-Racing because their kit runs the STOCK maf AFTER the intercooler (meaning it is under boost.) I asked them about this.
They claim they can reliably run 8 lbs of boost with that setup.

· Registered
630 Posts
Currently running but only for a few seconds at a time. Tune needs to change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple things:

What coils do you have there?

Why don’t you tune it yourself? You seem fairly knowledgeable...
Is the MAF complicating it for you?

How’s the AC?

· Registered
630 Posts
Car is running reasonably well, though currently lean on boost.

There's is a sustained long steep hill going to my house and both times I've gone up it, my car is billowing smoke by the top of the hill. A few seconds later and the smoke is completely gone. Only happens on hills. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an oil pressure sensor? Turbo might be getting fed more oil because of increased load?
Just a thought.

· Registered
630 Posts
Where did you stick the f-connector into? Also, what intercooler piping did you use?

+1.
How’d you handle all the vacuum lines under boost? I’ve seen people running vacuum blocks, etc, but seems kinda unnecessary. Seems there is a much simpler way for it to be done.

· Registered
630 Posts
Update. Original engine is circling the drain. Sporadic low compression, believe to be the rings. Under boost, oil is blowing out of the valve cover gasket. Power is substantially down on the same boost. Time to build a motor.

How much timing were you running?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.