E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
8,430 Posts

· Registered
8,430 Posts
And I'm draining to the drain plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I bought my "adapter" (M12x1.5 to -10AN) from treadstome performance. What about you?

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Please don't get an ebay wastegate. That's the one piece (along with boost gauge and wideband) that I am willing to spend big money on. A bad wastegate could either blow your engine or prevent you from making boost

· Registered
8,430 Posts

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Searching for a name brand one. Build isn't happening quickly anyway. A 38mm gate should be enough to bypass enough to make 6-8lbs right?

That's what I'm doing. I'm getting a TiAL F38

· Registered
8,430 Posts

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Injectors aren't stock. I made my own base map for the injectors a while ago to get me by, but I don't expect that tune to work given the different maf I'm running. I have a custom flashed 512 and 64

Did you add any fuel or is it "stock" injector fuel values but scaled specifically for your injectors?

I'm asking because I want to see if my car will idle with the stock tune when I test fit everything

· Registered
8,430 Posts

· Registered
8,430 Posts
I asked for files from others that have had George G tune their car, because I have already paid him and am continuing to work with him. He is currently sick so I'm just trying to get the car rolling. I feel like giving out the files otherwise would not be doing his work justice

Gotcha. I thought it was their own tunes. I'm going with George too

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Yeah he's been very helpful to me. Over 40 emails before I even committed and paid him

Did you get the full package with injectors?

I was quotoed $1600 for a MAP tune with injectors

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Oh hell no. Bought everything separate

You think that would cost less?
I don't know what injectors it's gonna be. I just assumed that a MAP tune would be less of a headache

· Registered
8,430 Posts
My cost for the maf used, injectors used, and tune was 650

That's $1000 less, looks like I'll be piecing together a kit.
Can't go wrong with Bosch green giants or Siemens deka injectors, right?

· Registered
8,430 Posts
I bought a tial wastegate off of bimmerforums for $95 but it had a torn diapghram so +$60 = $155 which isn't too bad. Please be careful with that ebay waste gate

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Depending what fuel you use. My injectors are 680cc at 3.5 bar. I bought used Bosch 298 injectors and used plug converters. The maf was used as well. All is working. Whatever you do, buy real injectors

Yup. I was watching videos on ebay injectors yesterday and I was surprised how bad they were. Currently I'm gonna be on regular 91 no E85 so I think any injector that's quality and a bit more than stock should do me well

· Registered
8,430 Posts
Right. The other problem with cheap injectors is getting correct data for flow and latencies

Another yup. Cheap injectors are out of the way for me

· Registered
8,430 Posts

· Registered
8,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.