E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Fly made up a set of these for me last summer and I have been running them since then. No 'night and day' difference but a nice little tweak to pick up some caster. I like the ride of rubber vs. poly for a daily driver.

I must be lucky since it appears that almost everyone else has problems removing/installing the lollipops. Using a ratcheting wrench I've had no problems with mine.

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
No troubles here with a plain ratcheting wrench. My Gearwrench XL wrenches were even better with extra leverage, cleared the subframe and body with tons of swing room.
Maybe I should have tried to access all the bolts from underneath, I didn't have the car lifted very high when I did the right side. From the outside I could barely get 2 clicks out of my Gearwrench.

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
Maybe I should have tried to access all the bolts from underneath, I didn't have the car lifted very high when I did the right side. From the outside I could barely get 2 clicks out of my Gearwrench.
Got an alignment today, toe was off front and rear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
I'll try the pics again. I was hoping the first picture of before and after would have turned out clearer, maybe I should have got a printout.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
Looks like the e36 FCAB's had a minimal effect on the caster (1/2 deg. ?)
Seems that way, I was more concerned about toe, and he did all the adjusting on the right side. Not the side with the weld nut missing, go figure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
Just put the same bushings on new control arms for forum member Yuh. Getting easier each time. His old bushing were still intact, liquid every place once I started cutting them out. Ball joints were loose, 132K on the car, he says steering feels tighter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just put the same bushings on new control arms for forum member Yuh. Getting easier each time. His old bushing were still intact, liquid every place once I started cutting them out. Ball joints were loose, 132K on the car, he says steering feels tighter.

Thanks for the help!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Car is driving great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I clicked on the link for the part listed in post #2. The description listed for the part on the FTP website is for a non-offset bushing. The later 96' up M3's went back to a traditional 'center' style bushing. To make sure I understand, was your bushing a 'center' style bushing? If this is the case then there should have been no impact to caster.

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
I clicked on the link for the part listed in post #2. The description listed for the part on the FTP website is for a non-offset bushing. The later 96' up M3's went back to a traditional 'center' style bushing. To make sure I understand, was your bushing a 'center' style bushing? If this is the case then there should have been no impact to caster.
I used a centered bushing, the stock xi bushing is offset.

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts
This is the centered bushing installed in the xi carrier.
Tire Auto part Wheel

·
Registered
2018 Audi S4
6,607 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
The centered bushings will work on our cars with no issues. In fact I***8217;ve been using powerflex e36 m3 centered bushings for probably 8 years now. They are still tight and even though I haven***8217;t lubricated them in 5 years they are still quiet, never a squeak

1 - 20 of 23 Posts