BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my 2000 323i with the M52 engine had been putting along fine with me as a happy owner when one night I was leaving a restaurant and my car would crank when I turned the key but would not start. I had it towed home and checked the fuel pump fuse as well as the secondary air pump fuse under the hood and both seemed to be just fine. I also switched the fuel pump relay with the horn relay that is behind the glove box (recommended by a few forums as a test since both relays are identical) to test if this was the issue and found no change here. I eventually broke down and changed the fuel pump only to find that it still wouldn't start. I also scanned the car and found it throwing two codes: P1624, which seems to be either the thermostat or pedal position sensor and P0101, which is for the mass air flow sensor. Before I spend any more money on a new fuel filter, is there any other reasons anyone might think that would keep my car from starting? I was also told that after a fuel pump change that I might need to purge the fuel lines to get the fuel going again but I did not see this on any of the fuel pump DIYs. The symptoms are that I turn the key, see all the accessory lights come on, hear the engine cranking, but it does not start.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Check your fuses in the E-box located in the engine compartment. If a fuse is blown, it will not start.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Does the fuel pump prime?
If yes, check for spark.
See info in my no start thread!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts