BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly what is the functional purpose for the moonroof tilt? Seriously, besides making ur car look cool, what the he ll does it do? I don't get it, I wont own a car that doesnt have it, but i dont know why, does anyone else have an obsession with tilting their moonroofs.
And what the he ll is the difference between a moonroof and a sunroof? :eeps:

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
Im not sure but I think the moonroof, you can see through like glass, but the sunroof you can only see outside when it's open.

I think the purpose of tiltling the moonroof (besides to look cool) is to let air in. Like if you park your car on a really hot day and tilt the moonroof, it's less stuffy when you get in.-like cracking a window

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bmwti said:
Im not sure but I think the moonroof, you can see through like glass, but the sunroof you can only see outside when it's open.

uhh...exactly what did you just say there???

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
benji said:

moonroof is made of glass so you can see out of it, even when it is closed. Sunroof you cant see out of when it is closed.

Thats my guess

·
Registered
265 Posts
I thought it's for some fresh-air-needy drivers on heavy rainy days???

·
Registered
147 Posts
bmwti is right

·
Registered
390 Posts
benji said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The sense of humor of you people out there.... its amazing.. :lmao:

I sometimes try to put a person behind the comments...:D

·
or is it just you?
606 Posts
It's an easy way to circulate the air in your car w/out having the window down and having the wind in your face.

I'm one of those fresh air freaks that has to always have something open so the tilt works perfect.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh, i see. now its just second nature for me to tilt mine when i get in the car, dunno why, but i do... hmmm

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
benji said:
Exactly what is the functional purpose for the moonroof tilt?
Extra downforce :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When you got ur sunroof open and ur cruising.... have u ever noticed that black thing which sorta pops up? It's pretty damn cool.... something to do with the airflow and sound... try pulling it down manually and you'll see what i mean.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Moonroof, the glass thing, sunroof the other thing that goes over the moonroof when you don't want any sun shining through...that's my guess.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
schow36 said:
Moonroof, the glass thing, sunroof the other thing that goes over the moonroof when you don't want any sun shining through...that's my guess.
Moonroof = glass with our without a shade

Sunroof = solid roof that slide back or up but is never seen thru (unless it's slide back)

There are not many sunroof anymore, but back in the day it used to be just the roof cutout and you were not able to see thru it while open.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I tilt mine just to hear the engine when it is too cold to open the windows, maybe I'm wierd :eeps:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts