BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting the premium package on my would be 325i, and currently have it configured as Sport Package, Steptronic, HIDs, and Premium Audio. Its around 33k after this, and I was wondering if the extra 1k for the moonroof is truly worth it? I have never had a car with a moonroof so I am not aware of the benefits it has, or if it truly is necessary.

Also i've heard horror stories of moonroofs always leaking a few years later, etc.

Any suggestions?:dunno:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
I sure am happy I have mine, by the way BMW lights are Bi-Xenons

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,487 Posts
Honestly, I would get the Premium Package over the bi-xenons if I had to choose.

But the moonroof is great. i would definitely recommend it:thumbup:

·
Banned
988 Posts
Definitely go for the sunroof. It is worth it, especially if you are in Houston. Think about all of the window down, roof open days you have:thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL im such a cheapo :( why would you go for premium over xenons? Premium is also damn expensive, and I think the aluminum trim looks really good. However, is there any issues with the moonroof breaking down or anything? I'm not really familiar with moonroof vs sunroof.

Moonroof is like, two layers right? One is the body colored panel, one is a glass panel, and they both move out so that it opens up?

·
Registered
66 Posts
A moonroof's exterior layer is tinted glass. The second layer, inside the car, is a sliding shade, which is opague and matches the interior ceiling color and fabric, and you can manually slide this shade open or shut, independent of the moonroof, which of course also slides opens or can be tilted for ventilation, expecially useful when an occupant farts.

I haven't had a car without a moonroof in 10 years, and neither should you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Everybody should moon!!!!!!

·
OO[][]OO
528 Posts
It's ..... A must have option !

Attachments

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts