BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating whether to mold my ACS kit to my bumpers so it looks clean and smooth. I explained to my body shop that I wanted the kit molded and the shop advised against it. They told me that they can't guarantee that it'll hold up over time (it's probably gonna crack at the seams where the kit is molded etc etc). For those who molded their kits how is it holding up? Any regrets? Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Banned
938 Posts
If they do it right and have experience with it it should not crack at all... They should know how to reinforce it to prevent that problem...

·
Formerly know as phatbimma
1,284 Posts
Get them to make a "joint" (dont know what it is called in english) on the seem and then mold it on, that way you should be fine...and as 310 said if they know what theyre doing you will be fine

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
if u use authentic AC add on the fitment should be good and it should not crack if u mold it on.........however if u use replica addons it might crack since the fitment is not that good to begin with......

molding the back is ok but don't mold the front ........ especially if ur car is lowered u scrape the bottom all the time and every time u scrape u are putting presure on the joint

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the comments guys. i'm probably gonna end up molding just the rear as hamann 330ci suggested. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts