E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a m3 back in april, since then I have left my 325 just sitting there, well recently I check everything out(make sure she still runs) , and i came across my passenger front and back floors covered with mold(very gross)any suggestions on the removal and saving the carpet? also anything wrong with breathing it in?, very strong stench. It very much my fault and I thinks its either from my wife spilling chotolate coolata, and my half a** cleaning of it, or it was the cleaning solutions itself, needless to say thats not important, removing it is. any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
I would use the 303 Fabric Cleaner (concentrated, can be diluted) or the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover (pre-diluted version) are great fabric cleaners. I would spray these on the affected areas and let it sit for 2 - 3 minutes, then respray the area and work the area with a scrub brush. Repeat the process for really difficult stains. Then put some baking soda in the car, in a container to absorb the odors.

Greg @ Detailed Image

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
If you are going to just let it set get a small dehumidifier for it too...

but yeah 303 kicks ass...woot woot

·
Registered
449 Posts
You make have to take all the carpet out and have it dried. The foam in the floor is a couple inches thick and you don't want mold growing in there. Make sure you dry out the rest of the car ASAP, chances are mold could be growing in other places too.

I had a leaking door seal, the foam soaked up all the water. Had to remove most of the interior to take out the foam pad to allow for proper drying.

Good luck,

Jordan

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've had the same problem. My car has been garaged since November ... and a few weeks ago, when I started doing some maintenance work on it, I noticed on the front passenger side floor... MOLD growing! Luckily, I have some 303 I picked up from DI a few months ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts