BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fanatics. Can I get your opinions please?
I ordered a Modine expansion tank from FCP Euro because I've seen it recommended on this site.
It shipped in a box with a coolXpert label. Unfortunately, there is no sticker or identification on the actual part itself. I called FCP and they said, "these are imported as Modine tanks in coolXpert packaging".
Sound OK to you?? I don't want to proceed if I don't have a quality part. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Very interesting. The cool expert label just makes it sound cheap lol. I went with Modine in 2018 and has been great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2000 328i MT
309 Posts
I had this happen about a year ago. Came in same box. Look on the tank for where the BMW logo is ground off. Mine was a Genuine part with the logo ground off, and a Modine "M" logo near it. IIRC somebody here mentioned that Modine bought CoolXpert or they're a division of Modine. Anyway, like Bali said, they're both OE parts on many BMW models regardless, so you'll be fine. Compared to the China made Behr I replaced, its a much higher quality & robust part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Turns out mine also a genuine part with the logo ground off, and a Modine "M" logo near it. I appreciate your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts