E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine referred me to this msg board from mod suggestions. I'm getting a 2004 330xi (black on black w/ Aluminum Trim) w/ Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, NAV & Xenons. I'm decided to get the 330xi b/c of the horrible winter we had in NY last year, plus I love BMWs. However, I still want the car to have a sporty look to it. Has anyone ever lowered a 330xi? If so, what kind of suspension kit did you use and did it alter the ride too much? Also, has anyone ever put 18" or 19" on the 330xi? Thanks for all your help guys. As soon as I get some pix, I'll be sure to post them.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
you definetely came to the right place for your answers, I've never lowereds a 330xi, but I know it's no different from lowering any other BMW. Many people put 18s and 19s on their 330xi's, but for winter you might want to keep your stock wheels and get some snow tires, b/c the bigger wheels usually have low profile tires or sport tires that don't do well in the winter time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I dont have an xi but I have heard they cant be lowered that much due to the different suspension (they can be lowered, just not as much as non xi's). I'm sure 19's will still look really nice but you may have to go with a slightly larger tire to fill up the gap. Do a search in the showroom forum to see if anyone has posted pics of 19's on an xi.

·
name's PHIL
5,887 Posts
u can lower xi's too..........H&R makes coils for them....my boy has them on his ride and 19" rims also

and one more thing....ditch the xi idea cause of the winter and all......buy a regular i or even a ci, and in the winter, just put your stock rims back on with WINTER tires :thumbup: :thumbup:

with DSC + winter tires = our cars run smooth even in snow

·
Registered
875 Posts
He and his said:
u can lower xi's too..........H&R makes coils for them....my boy has them on his ride and 19" rims also

and one more thing....ditch the xi idea cause of the winter and all......buy a regular i or even a ci, and in the winter, just put your stock rims back on with WINTER tires :thumbup: :thumbup:

:werd:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He and his said:

I'm going to look into the H&Rs. Someone did tell me that the suspension on the xi was different than a regular <i>i</i> or <i>ci</i> which made it difficult to lower. I had a 528i for 3 years and I had 17" snow tires w DSC enabled. I don't know if anyone else has had a different experience, but my car was horrible in the snow. That's what made me go for the xi, plus I think the 3 looks more sporty. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.