BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered OG User
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any friends at mod shops in Socal? I was looking for some honest people that won't screw me over...I started going to one, but he's unfortunatly leaving his job, and I'll have to start lookin for another guy that I can trust with my car.

If you don't feel like posting, please PM me.
Thanks

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
doesnt that suck! i'm kinda bummed too. i hope we;re talkin bout the same guy...

·
Registered OG User
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lilherc79 said:
doesnt that suck! i'm kinda bummed too. i hope we;re talkin bout the same guy...
Sadly, yes. I got my sways installed by him, and seriously, He's the most honest guy i've ever met at a mod shop. And the rare thing is, he's also an enthusiast. Thanks for the recommendation.Do you of anyone else similar to him?

How about we open a shop and hire him? :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I had my suspension installed by Will at D2 Technik. Very trustworthy. Have bought stuff from DTMAutohaus but never installed by them...

Coldintake said:

Anyone specifically I should ask for?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
SPP doesnt do any labor work. but they can sure get u good deals on stuff!

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
There are ppl whoo say D2 rips ppl off, but if you knw the ppl there they are cool. i deal strictly with sam. he is da bomb!

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
how about a shop that doesn't charge you an arm or a leg for quality work? :sad:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
you mean my garage? Speakni of which, somenoe owes me lunch!

·
www.dpe-wheels.com
2,230 Posts
Coldintake said:
Does anyone have any friends at mod shops in Socal? I was looking for some honest people that won't screw me over...I started going to one, but he's unfortunatly leaving his job, and I'll have to start lookin for another guy that I can trust with my car.

If you don't feel like posting, please PM me.
Thanks
i only buy my stuff from renn-sport and d2 :thumbup:

for installation, alignment, etc. i take everything to www.ef1motorsports.net
they take good care of the vehicle and work primarily on bmw, audi's and vw's. ask for fab tell him jojo sent you. you won't regret it.

tirerack (one of the sponsors recommends them)
http://www.tirerack.com/installer/InstallerDetail.jsp?index=0&addressAdmin=false&installermiles=0

·
Modded ///Member
1,233 Posts
call me up at spp and ill do the best for you in terms of pricing we can also have someone install stuff for you a very good trustworthy guy (wayne) at A1
MANU

·
www.dpe-wheels.com
2,230 Posts
for any body work definitely see wayne at a1 autobody(huntington beach)

parts go with samir at renn-sport or sam at d2 (alhambra)

installation (other than body work) fabrizio at ef1motorsports (long beach)

tint ... jim at tint connection (costa mesa)

hope that helps

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
how about CUSTOM body shop.. the one that does custom kit and all that, yes i know wayne is the best when it comes to installing kit and stuff.. but does he do custom work?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Not to badmouth D2 technic or anything, but I feel that they might want to improve a bit in their customer relations. Seems to me that as long as you know someone, or has connections to people in the shop, you get a way better deal. I personally don't know anyone but was drawn to them by their reputation. However, I was quoted a labor + parts fee way above average. (and yes, it's close to being rediculous) Yes, they are good with bmw's, and they offer good prices. But only to their friends?

I was recently looking for intakes, and a sales rep from SPP was more than helpful. Just from first impressions alone, I liked SPP much more.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts