BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
u should really use bmw 5w-30, its cheaper and better, use the mobil for top off if needed

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Haha, thanks guys.

I'll make sure to get Mobile 0w-40. Where can I get it for cheap?
Get it at a regular parts store but find it when it on sale! right now at autozone you can get 5 qts and a filter for 29.99 (save 25 bucks!) and what you do because you cant use the mobil filter is return it by itself with no receipt, and pick up 2 more quarts of oil with that money. That is the cheapest way to buy mobil 1.

and the only 2 oils that autozone has that are BMW LL01 approved are the mobil 0-40, and the Castrol Syntec 5w40, the castrol being the closest thing to the dealership oil, but many, many people, including myself, switched to the 0w40 Mobil a long time ago with 0 problems.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
and the only 2 oils that autozone has that are BMW LL01 approved are the mobil 0-40, and the Castrol Syntec 5w40, the castrol being the closest thing to the dealership oil, but many, many people, including myself, switched to the 0w40 Mobil a long time ago with 0 problems.
Castrol Syntec 5w-40 is NOT BMW LL01 approved. It is BMW LL-98.

Castrol Syntec 0w-30 IS BMW LL-01 approved and normally available from Autozone. (DO NOT use 5w-30 Syntec)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts