E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Mobil 1 void warranty?

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  jim 
#1 ·
I went to Paul Miller BMW and they said that if I don't use BMW or Castrol Synthetic oil that it would void my warranty. Is this true? I just changed my oil and put in Mobil 1 synthetic.

Mike

#5 ·
Tell those friggen idiots to read the damn owners manual. I'm tired of lame @ss service reps that don't know BMW policy. NO Mobil 1 won't void your warranty. As long as the oil you put in meets the specifications per BMW's grading and oil rating, you are within specs. Friggen idiots.

mleelun said:
I went to Paul Miller BMW and they said that if I don't use BMW or Castrol Synthetic oil that it would void my warranty. Is this true? I just changed my oil and put in Mobil 1 synthetic.

Mike

#6 ·
Re: Re: Mobil 1 void warranty?

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
Tell those friggen idiots to read the damn owners manual. Friggen idiots.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: yeah 2nd that !

Attachments

#8 ·
Hmm.. .

I'm due to get my oil change soon and I'm going to bring her to Paul Miller. I changed my oil myself about 4k ago with mobile 1.

I think that's bs if they say that crap. Last time I brought the car in cause it had a rough idle and they said that the warranty was void cause of the dae I installed. I was like wtf, what does my lights have to do with my engine idle. So after I talked with the service manager, they were like okay it's under warranty. Those fockers.

And they never give me a bmw as a loaner. . .just some chevy malibu or something.

#9 ·
The last time I went to the dealership the parts guy told me he read a service bulletin that stated Mobil 1 had been approved by BMW and was listed as the only other oil that had their stamp of approval..... He still said that he wouldn't use anything but the BMW oil, but he was just trying to make the sale. My friend who's a BMW tech told me months ago that it was ok.

#12 ·
Ok am i doing somethign wrong b/c when i bought my car the dealer told me NOT to change the oil myself and to wait until the regular service intervals (12k miles i think). Should i be changing it myself in between???

#13 ·
Another friggen idiot dealership!!!!!!! arrrrrgggghhhhh

exmike said:
Ok am i doing somethign wrong b/c when i bought my car the dealer told me NOT to change the oil myself and to wait until the regular service intervals (12k miles i think). Should i be changing it myself in between???

Show them the friggen owners manual. BMW almost tells you "please go out and change your oil inbetween service intervals!"

Damnit go back and pimp-slap your service rep and tell him to wake up and read the owners manual.

Attachments

#16 ·
Well I brought my car in for service over the weekend. Oil change and checkup. Nothing wrong with the car. I talked with the mech that worked on my car. He's a good guy, and like him alot. I told him about the problems I had with the car, engine noises on cold start, brakes, speaker. He looked at all of that and explained to me the noise I hear in the morning (not the sqeak) was probably coming from the air pump. And told me where to look if it happened again, The speaker he's going to replace, and they did an oil change.

We talked for a while, and he told me that I should change the oil more than the recommended 15k. Since I own the car. I told him that I've been changing the oil and filter every 5k with mobile one and he said good.

So I'm not sure who u talked to at paul miller but they obviously don't know what they are talking about. I usually get better service if I bring her in on the weekend and look for my mech Stan.

Hope things work out for you.

k

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.