E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont believe this.. Me and my friend were drving on Ocean Parkway in brooklyn. I was in a 2001 ML430 (270 hp) and my friend was in his X5 3.0... I put the benz into 1st (tiptronic) and floored it.. to 6 rpm, then up shifted and he sayed ahead of me by about 2 car lengths...

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN. THE ML430 is SUPPOSED TO BE A MUCH MORE POWERFUL CAR!

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
Remember the X5 is not a suv its supposed to be an sav(sport activity vehicle) in other words a 5 series that sits a little bit high. Also the m-class is a truck, its designed as a truck and also to perform like a truck therefore speed not being a main feature. Also benzos have always been slower than bimmers, why do you think they are supercharging almost all their models now. Even though some are supercharged some bimmers can still smoke them.(M3,M5,Z4 3.0) Also did you forget that bmw makes the ulitmate driving machine!:lmao:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont care what bimmer calls it: SUV, SAV, 5 that sits high, its still the same form factor as the ML Class. The ML should be faster

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i know why. When i floor my ml, it takes about a 1/2 second for the car to respond. The bimmer on the other hand is instantaneous.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
My aunt has an X5 3.0i, and when I drove it even in steptronic mode, it seemed really sluggish. I know a lot about Benz's, so the ML430 should've spanked the 3.0i...try it again, and pay closer attention to your shifting; maybe thats the problem? :dunno:

·
Registered
273 Posts
MAYBE,,, just MAYBE, you didnt realize that you were in neutral. thas impossible for the 3.0 to beat you. if it wass the 4.4 than I would agree

·
Registered
121 Posts
HAHA the X5 is like 8.8 i think mine is 7.2 or something like that but the Ml430 is like 7.9 so you should have definetly beat the X5.

·
Registered
273 Posts
the X5 4.4 is 6.8,, its fast as hell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts