BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple of weeks ago i've update the SW of my MK4 gps from a 32 (latest version with night mode/bird view) to a 32.3 "waze style", which wasn't that good for my 4:3 monitor.

i've immediately experienced freeze and reboot (in low fi mode), after 5 mins of use and map DVD wasn't read any more, so i decided to downgrade to the previuos version...

nothing changed , but i dont' think i've bricked anything as computer boots regularly

any suggestion?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I what I***8217;d try is to trigger the options on the mk4 like changing the language option which should trigger the unit to look for the firmware disc. ( I added Australia female voice which did this)

Have a factory /CD / iso of original v32 software.

That should be enough to trigger the mk4 to reload its system

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I what I'd try is to trigger the options on the mk4 like changing the language option which should trigger the unit to look for the firmware disc. ( I added Australia female voice which did this)

Have a factory /CD / iso of original v32 software.

That should be enough to trigger the mk4 to reload its system

both languages and colors are correctly loaded

need to buy some DVDs and burn the oem V32 (1st version) to check if there is a difference.
my actual version worked without issue for 2 years

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry what I***8217;m meaning is use an alternative nav voice that isn***8217;t currently installed on your system . When I did this it forced the nav system to ask for the system software disk.

This could be enough to trigger a download of the operating system and take it back to a pervious version.

Otherwise some of those earlier nav system hacks like editing the iso***8217;s for speed camera locations and verbal warnings might be another way to force it to go back.

Good luck

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
!!! SOLVED !!!

Burnt a new V.32 official sw (prospective/split), the previous one was a POISON with speed camera alert, and everything went beck to it's standard functionality
i also had issue with DVD map not read, but pickup was ok, now 0 problem in reading copies..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts