BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bimmer cats, I'm supposed to be moving to Mission Valley sometime late this summer / early this fall. I have a job lined up but my boyfriend, who is moving with me (and also a BMW driver ;)) needs some ideas on companies in the area. My job is going to be in Irvine.

Need to do some networking, y'know... meet some people on here before the big move....get info on the area and whatnot. I'm super stoked because we live in Virginia now (because we're both ex-military and were stationed here) and I'm originally from the West Coast.... Virginia blows and am totally homesick for the west

He's IT... so anything computer and networking related would rock.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated!! Thanks guys :thanks:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Im sorry did you say you were moving to mission valley in san diego? because if thats the case driving to irvine everyday is going to be an hour to and back. I think maybe you were thinking mission viejo? just checking...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The person who has the job in Irvine for me mentioned that I would probably be living in Mission Valley. If that's in San Diego, maybe I'm mistaken? Sorry, I'm confused myself... I've never been anywhere south of Los Angeles. If we both found jobs in San Diego we'd totally be up to move there as opposed to Irvine.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
mission valley to irvine daily is insane

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im sorry did you say you were moving to mission valley in san diego? because if thats the case driving to irvine everyday is going to be an hour to and back. I think maybe you were thinking mission viejo? just checking...
I think you're right. Mission Viejo makes much more sense than Mission Valley if your job is going to be in Irvine. I'm commuting daily to Irvine from SD and there is no point to put yourself through the long commute if you have the option to move where you want.

There are plenty of companies in the Irvine/OC area which I'm sure all need IT/networking people. Your boyfriend shouldn't have a problem finding a job.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Good luck with the move! Hopefully it's Mission Viejo, cuz yeah...Mission Valley to Irvine???? lol, do what kobe bryant does, rent a helicopter to take you to work! :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I remember Steve Finley, back when he played for the Angels and Dodgers would commute from SD to LA/Anaheim for games. He'd take the metro rail all the time.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I use to commute from San Diego to Irvine 5 days a week to work at Magnaflow. Biggest mistake in the world. It was 93 miles one way and if there was traffic you were sitting for 2+ hours trying to get to and from work, and thats if the border check point isn't open. Hopefully it's closer than Mission Valley. Good luck with the move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts