BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the dragstrip yesterday determined to get into the 10s. It was a Buick Grand National race that allowed test and tune between rounds. I surprised many black Buicks when a lonely white BMW blazed down the track. Car was at full weight, 96 octane (I added 2.5 gallons of VP100 to the 93 already in the car), and no burnouts (went around the water box every run).

On the first run I went 11.53 @ 126.7 mph on just supercharger (with a 2.01 60' time). . The in car video below shows that particular run. Enjoy!

Next run I added a 100 shot of nitrous in second gear which gave me a 11.07 @ 131 mph. So close, but not a 10... :cry:

On the final run I decided to hit the nitrous as soon as I went to full throttle in 1st gear. It felt like a Toyota with a stuck throttle hit me in the rear when the nitrous came on, but the beefy 305/35R18 Mickey Thompsons held their ground.
The results :woot: 10.87 @ 131 mph :woot:

Hey HPF! Can I get some of that $1000??? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyN7pv9Je4

·
Registered
249 Posts
and for an E46

·
Registered
479 Posts
sweet show some pics of your setup and nitrous nozze placement

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I love how on the ticket for car number it's car 23 and then M3, no number, just model since you're the only one there, haha. great run man.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well done..:thumbup:

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
wow :bow:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
YES!!!! Freaking amazing job bro, AMAZING! First you kill with the 60-130 times, then you lay it down with a 10.87 :thumbsup: .... Hopefully we'll see an E46 M3 in the 10's soon enough. Wish I had the time to hit the track :facepalm:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very nice work. I can't wait to see more from the e90 cars. I am purchasing one in the next few weeks and will be adding a bit of boost soon.

Congrats again on the great runs.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
congtr. on the run

happy to see a new m3 run does numbers.... keep up the fine runing...
bob :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts