BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I tried to install a factory alarm for my 05 vert today.

Everything went smooth except for missing a connector for the rear motion sensor.. :banghead:

I believe a connector for the front sensor is a short wire coming from under the shifter...along with wires for central locking/hazard buttons...

But there is no way I can find the one for rear.:hmm:

I actually received an wire-extension from a dealer.. which I don't know where to use

Does anybody know where it is located??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply :)

Those are the ones I followed for the install.

These days, US version alarm comes with two motion sensors for 04+ verts.

I found some cars are missing pre-wires and will be covered by warranty... But I also found some say the front connector has to be *fished* from somewhere.. :hmm:

I will try to take some pics later.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I am sorry, I really have nothing to offer as I never installed the sensors........I read up on this stuff but never followed through with the install.

I did take the entire interior apart including the carpet, I'll take a look at some old pics to see what I find

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry, I really have nothing to offer as I never installed the sensors........I read up on this stuff but never followed through with the install.

I did take the entire interior apart including the carpet, I'll take a look at some old pics to see what I find
Thanks for the reply again!

I made an appointment with a dealer tomorrow... and see what happens :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a call from the dealership... my SA says the wire is officially missing after their inspection. They have already ordered parts for me... and they will install the connector for me tomorrow. He says it would take 4 hours labor... good thing my car is still under warranty... otherwise I would get screwed (my dealer is $190/hour plus parts)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts