BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people

I show on the picture the spot with a screw driver; Is anybody can tell where the rubber vacuum line that connect to the silver line that running on the middle of the manifold coming from? Missing rubber line suppose coming from the back and what part in the back of the engine that vacuum hose suppose to connect to?

·
Registered
26,263 Posts
If you search my thread with 'intake manifold' in the title, you'll see a picture of the back of the manifold. Your other end of hose is behind the intake mani...remove cabin air filter and, if needed, the panel it screws into...an inspection mirror and flashlight should reveal where that hose end is.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
No picture attached at this point?

Suggest you check the first link below in my signature.

I am guessing it may be a SAP line, but the picture or a better description would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
26,263 Posts
Okay...happened to be back there today...that silver pipe connects to a short section of rubber vac hose maybe 4" long...then into a hard vacuum pipe...a thin hard plastic pipe that's flexible...like that hard section of the sap valve outlet. Mine is black and I presume yours is too. It should be floating back there somewhere under cabin air filter housing.

GL...hth

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Missing vaum line

I'm showing on the picture the spot with a screw driver; Is anybody can tell where the rubber vacuum line that connect to the silver line that running on the middle of the manifold coming from? Missing rubber line suppose coming from the back and what part in the back of the engine that vacuum hose suppose to connect to?

leax 014.jpg

leax 012.jpg

leax 011.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I show on the picture the spot with a screw driver; Is anybody can tell where the rubber vacuum line that connect to the silver line that running on the middle of the manifold coming from? Missing rubber line suppose coming from the back and what part in the back of the engine that vacuum hose suppose to connect to?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vacuum line

Attachments

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
It is very short length ( 2-3 inches) of rubber hose that makes a 90 degree bend and connects to a hard or metal hose. This hose is right next to the gas lines and is actually clipped to the gas line.

The end on the front of the fuel rail connects to the cvv.

Take a look behind the manifold and in front of the firewall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ok so you mean that the vacuum hose suppose to connect to the silver tube is coming from hard plastic located underneah the cabin air filter housing

·
Registered
26,263 Posts
Oh ok so you mean that the vacuum hose suppose to connect to the silver tube is coming from hard plastic located underneah the cabin air filter housing
Yes...silver tube--short rubber vac line--hard plastic vac line

Connected in that order. If you have the vac line, then you're looking for a hard plastic (mine is black) vac line...maybe 3/16" diameter. Mine comes up vertically from the fire wall...I don't know where the other end goes to, but believe it's part of fuel supply or preparation.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Since u have an m52tu, your fuel rail has two vacuum connectors
The one in front (toward bumper) conxnects to your CCV
The one in the rear (toward cabin) comnects to your fuel pressure regulator

The vacuum sys for m52tu and m54 r different

I hope this helps, good luck

·
Registered
26,263 Posts
Since u have an m52tu, your fuel rails have two vacuum connectors
The one in front (toward bumper) connects to your CCV
The one in the rear (toward cabin) comnects to your fuel pressure regulator
Well, meow, flash!

You sure you want to include all that private info in your sig? Just asking.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Well, meow, flash!

You sure you want to include all that private info in your sig? Just asking.
Meow to u too Dougy

I am a big girl n i think i can defend myself.

·
Registered
26,263 Posts
With a FN enhanced paveway II! That's not defending yourself...that's more than putting men in their place. Betty, that's total and utter annihilation, and honestly, I think it's quite a few steps up from proportional response.

Couldn't you just send some anti-radiation missile zooming over their heads as a shot across the bow? Play fair!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts