BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am about to do a change on some cooling system part and i saw the Mishimoto aluminum Expansion Tank, and i was wondering has anyone tried it. I looked and i have not found any reviews. Please help thanks !

·
Registered
28,423 Posts
Personally I would recommend OEM or even better, Classic Professional Genuine BMW.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-expansion-tank-e46-oem-17137787039
Free shipping over $49, free lifetime replacement guarantee on everything FCP sells. Use Code MangoFCP5 at checkout for added discount ;)

I did and never looked back. Heavy full-throttle (over a mile constant uphill full throttle) canyon driving in triple digit heat, autocross, heavy 405 traffic, etc. Not ever a SINGLE drop leaked out. BMW-designed equipment, when maintained, delivers high-end Professional results.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,400 Posts
^ Funny, I'm kind of leaning your way. After replacing my ET with a genuine BMW piece a couple of months ago, the cooling system hasn't missed a beat. No leaking whatsoever and the needle has stayed firmly vertical even in 100 degree stop-and-go traffic with the AC blasting. Been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
28,423 Posts
^ Funny, I'm kind of leaning your way. After replacing my ET with a genuine BMW piece a couple of months ago, the cooling system hasn't missed a beat. No leaking whatsoever and the needle has stayed firmly vertical even in 100 degree stop-and-go traffic with the AC blasting. Been very pleased with it.
Yup. No need to play cooling system hipster. The stock system with stock BMW parts holds up extremely well even with F/I applications. It has more than enough capacity for extreme conditions. All you gotta do is replace it likely once or twice during your entire ownership of the car. $500. No brainer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Genuine BMW is the way to go. No sense in dicking around with aftermarket parts trying to save a few bucks. A failure when you least expect it will certainly cost you more than the difference in price.

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
7,151 Posts
Personally I would recommend OEM or even better, Classic Professional Genuine BMW.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-expansion-tank-e46-oem-17137787039
Free shipping over $49, free lifetime replacement guarantee on everything FCP sells. Use Code MangoFCP5 at checkout for added discount ;)

I did and never looked back. Heavy full-throttle (over a mile constant uphill full throttle) canyon driving in triple digit heat, autocross, heavy 405 traffic, etc. Not ever a SINGLE drop leaked out. BMW-designed equipment, when maintained, delivers high-end Professional results.
LOL wtf, are you now taking donations from FCP every time someone uses your custom code? HA!

Just let me know and I'll represent. I buy most everything from them now and can always use more discount!

·
Registered
28,423 Posts
Genuine BMW is the way to go. No sense in dicking around with aftermarket parts trying to save a few bucks. A failure when you least expect it will certainly cost you more than the difference in price.
Yeah people don't realize towing costs also involved.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay thanks guys took the time too read the post on Mishimoto et and yea it does make sense how it would be a longer Lasting ET but right now they are having minor setbacks, soo i dont think rn it the right time to get it, oem is the way right now. Thanks for the responses guys ! Would of payed 2 or 3 hundred for a part that isnt going to fit properly !! lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another vote for OEM here-

After purchasing the aluminum expansion tank they sell for the e36 I'll never buy anything from them again. The tank looked cool but despite many opinions from customers on bimmerforums they still refused to admit they didnt correctly replicate the bleed circuit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hello,

Thank you all for the post.

Our expansion tanks are a direct fit OEM replacement. While we understand some customer may have had some issues with them the majority of our customers do not and we can ensure you a top quality product. We also have an amazing lifetime warranty on our products. For any additional question please contact us directly at [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts