BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the elephant ear motors and the M3 Mirror motors are the same? Reason i ask is because i have one 6 pin mirror and one 12 pin mirror <-oem M3 so i was thinking of swapping motors to utilize same wiring harness.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,823 Posts
I am not sure what you are trying to do. Why are you swapping motors? What wiring does your car have?

Give us more details and someone can help.

Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, sorry i was so short. Ok i have stock mirrors on the ride right now. I ordered from cutters M3 mirriors, i got in one box M3 housing and glass. Thing is one mirror is painted Silver and has a 12 pin harness. The other mirror housing is not painted and has a harness with 6 pin. I have a 2000 323ci Black, no heated seats or memory. I just want to know if i can swap the motor from one mirror to use in the M3 mirror. Or is it easier to just start cutting wires and splicing them together????

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i think if your car doesnt have memory/power seats, then you have 6 pin.

if u do.. u have 12.

I think the 01 m3s come with 6 pin mirrors
02+ came with 12 pin.

someone correct me if im wrong.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,745 Posts
i'd send the wrong one back to cutter...they should fix that forr you

dont cut/splice, you have the potential to blow fuses that way, as the splicing doesnt really work as well as it did on the older model m3 mirrors.

the motors, if you can get them out ok, should sway though

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,823 Posts
sounds like there was a mix up at cutter. Either send back the wrong one or try to swap out the mirror motor...your choice.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts