BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

After a few years of having a random passenger side mirror - would land in random spots after Reverse dip - it turned out that it was a pinched ribbon and that a door panel re-attach was the fix.

Now, sadly ... it seems to have crapped out completely. Here are the facts:

1. No parking aid dip in Reverse no matter what mirror select switch position is.
2. No change in EITHER mirror when seat memory changes (yes, mirror settings were different)
3. When mirror select set to DRIVERS side, mirror adjusts.
4. When mirror select set to PASSENGER side, mirror does not adjust.

I am wondering if after 14 years, the mirror module (is it in the 2004 330 Ci?) is bad but it seems odd that the driver's mirror is still working w/joystick but not memory while the passenger side mirror is just plain stuck (no memory or joystick action there).

Any ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had a failure of the drivers mirror, it would not move under any circumstances. I took the door panel off, disconnected everything, removed a control box in the door for the mirrors and opened that up to see if there was anything obviously wrong such as burnt components, cracked circuit board, etc. It was clean with no obvious defects. Put everything back together and without changing a single component, it worked fine after that. I suspect there was a bad connection in one of the many connectors and by disconnecting and reconnecting it got cleaned.

For the passenger mirror, I believe one of the control boxes for it is still in the drivers door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts