BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my E46 320ci vert prod 11/2000 doesn't have the mirror tilting function, or maybe is not activated.
Is possible to activate it or neeeds some hardware?
I have PA soft, There is some options I can activate?
I hav INPA too, but I'm not confident on using it, but if there's a guide I could try it too

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
494 Posts
Better to search a bit the forum mate, it's all there. All mirrors can tilt mechanically but I think there need to be memory seats installed or something

·
Registered
32 Posts
Auto mirror-tilt in reverse is only possible when the car is equipped with memory seats and if the option is coded on given memory module.
If both are the case but the mirror isn't going down in reverse, try moving the selector switch the mirror control located in the door.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was searching the forum and I found this:
my doubt infact was if I needed a module or was simply "uncoded", and reading you post I had answer. Unfortunately I have power seats but no memories, so I think I can't
Auto mirror-tilt in reverse is only possible when the car is equipped with memory seats and if the option is coded on given memory module.
If both are the case but the mirror isn't going down in reverse, try moving the selector switch the mirror control located in the door.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,534 Posts
Nope, as stated not all have this function. I didn't have Premium Package on my 323Ci, so didn't have power or memory seats. So did not have reverse tilt.

·
Registered
2005 ZHP Convertible 6MT
163 Posts
agree it was an option. From my 2005 Owners manual, there's that option *:

Passenger-side exterior mirror tilt function Automatic curb monitor*

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
278 Posts
Luck7 got it right.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
My 99 323i has memory seats and does not have reverse mirror tilt. I do not believe it is a coding option on the early E46’s.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you :D
FUNNY FACT: in my vert PAsoft "sees"seats memory
Code:
SMF   ->  7.019.255  05  09           01  10    01     42/00   -           -                  000000   SM E46 Cabrio

SMB   ->  7.019.255  05  09           01  10    01     42/00   -           -                  000000   BSM 4-ch. E46 Cabrio
but I don't have memory buttons, so I think I haven't.
maybe an error, but in those modules (or somewhere else I don't know) there may be that option? maybe worth give a try?

·
Registered
16 Posts
my left mirror did this only... until yesterday when I used a Carly to read my codes.. many of which were to do with my wing mirrors.. after clearing the codes and restarting the car, it no longer tilts the mirror in reverse.. any ideas? To be honest I prefer not to have the feature, but interested to know what happened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts