BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's pretty safe to assume that this should be on either a Saturday or Sunday. I'm always free, so let's narrow the dates down a bit by getting everyone's feedback.

When and where would everyone prefer to have this? I'd love to get something together at Hidden Falls again, or anywhere else people can think of. Another idea I'm fond of would be meeting back at that Excelsior rooftop over by Calhoun.

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic from that rooftop on Excelsior. I'd say this was one of my favorite meeting places, and it was also my very first meet.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Alec,

COOL!! Sounds like this has become an annual deal? Getting together with "local" BMW/car enthusiasts sounds like a lot of fun.. Curious, how many cars have usually attended previous "spring meets"

Michael

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alec,

COOL!! Sounds like this has become an annual deal? Getting together with "local" BMW/car enthusiasts sounds like a lot of fun.. Curious, how many cars have usually attended previous "spring meets"

Michael
Yeah, it's been an annual or bi-annual deal for the past few years, they've been tons of fun each time. The last BMW-specific meet had 40 or 50 cars I think. Maybe more.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in. The only weekend I couldn't make it would be May 23. Otherwise any time.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I can make it almost any Saturday if my car is in working order.

I like the rooftop idea though.

·
Eurowerkz Midwest
5,238 Posts
June 13th, 20, and the last week in June are out for me. I may be able to swing other dates.

God that picture brings back memories. Andy rolling in his truck, Sherif arriving late, Jeremy's parking ramp. Such a good time. That was a sweet drive around the lake too!

·
Gonz997
6,199 Posts
I'm out on May 9, 16, 30, and June 6, all Saturdays. I obviously like the idea of Hidden Falls given the space, although I know it's a drive for some on the western 'burbs.

I also want to through out the idea of my parking lot at work (black glass building behind the Holiday Inn Express, behind where we had the first series of Coffee & Cars off Shady Oak and Hwy. 62. There's plenty of parking there and we can also walk over to Jimmy Johns, Caribou, Jimmy's and a few other places for something to eat. That would also serve as a great place for a photo shoot.

If you all are interested in my parking lot, I would need a disclaimer for anyone attending and assurance that there would not be any burnouts, or reckless driving in and/or around the parking lot or exiting onto the one-way street there right next to the Holiday Inn. I do not want to be responsible for any issues. Just a thought.

It would be great to do this well in advance, perhaps in June in order to get it out to all the forums and organize it like we did back a few years ago. There's enough room on the lot.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I could arrange Imola if I talk to Kevin about it. I'm sure he would be happy to. We could play Forza or something in the lounge and all the other fun stuff.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i wanna go!.. haha i will keep my eye out on the dates.. and let everyone know if i will make it.. but i have a pretty open schedule.. jobless FTL yea..

·
Registered
660 Posts
Here's a pic from that rooftop on Excelsior. I'd say this was one of my favorite meeting places, and it was also my very first meet.

lol this is where I park everyday when I go to work at Trader Joe's. Gotta be careful here tho because the lot gets filled up friday and saturday afternoons.

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So how about a Sunday noon parking ramp meet? :D

What would everyone think of Sun 5/24? Then we have C&C to look forward to (and promote) for the next weekend.

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh wow really? I thought the 30th and 31st were memorial day weekend. I'm unavailable the weekend of the 31st since it's my birthday and I'm also moving out of my apartment.. SOB

1 - 20 of 72 Posts