E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Dale Earnhardt's Double
841 Posts
I average 24-25 mpg but I also drive at an average speed of 48 mph according to the computer. My 26 mile one-way commute consists of 20+ miles on a 70 mph open Interstate highway, and just 3 stopsigns and 1 stop light.

Every once and awhile I'm forced to punch it to blow off some chucklehead or just to hear the beautiful sound of the in-line 6.

Strictly highway driving I get over 28 mpg. Very impressive to me for a car with this much performance.

· • DFW •
3,460 Posts
been at 27.3mpg for a while, using super unleaded. U guys are lead foots!

· I got nothin'
4,735 Posts
I get 24.5-25 in the city and during a recent trip from JAX to TAMPA it never came off 30.9! I used Cruise Control at a steady 78 MPH for the trip. Nothing but Super Unleaded.......

I guess if you feel the need to floor it and squash every Geo Metro you see then your mileage will suffer :lmao:

· Registered
428 Posts
I have 500 miles on the speedo and I vary from 18 to 21 mpg.
Most of my driving is a combination of 'A' (2 lanes) roads and in-town. Very rarely do motorway(highway/freeway) driving.

I do know that the car needs to reach a certain temperature to obtain optimal fuel mileage. The best speed for efficient mpg is supposed to be 56 mph. All British brochures display consumption figures using this criteria, as well as Urban, 56mph and Combined driving.

In the last 330Ci Sport I had, I used to get up to 28 or 29 mpg, travelling mainly straight (non-traffic)roads, with only 1200 miles on the speedo.

Vik

· Registered
35 Posts
I usually get ~11.4l/100km or 20mpg (US gallons) or 24mpg (Imp gallons). For those in the UK , bear in mind Imp gallons are larger than US gallons (1 Imp = 4.3 litres, 1 US = 3.7 litres) My consumption has come down as the car piles on the kilometres. I have a 2003 325iT 5 spd...I have to agree that the 3.0 litre and 2.5 litre's consumption is virtually identical.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.