E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Fellas, after procrastinating for a long long time I am finally making a thread here. Got my hands on me wagon last December and love the damn thing.

I also own an e46 M3 and I know this will be blasphemous to some, but I have more fun in my wagon :woot:

Wagon been solid apart from a few expected things that the last owner (a forum member) had disclosed.
  • 1st fix was an exhaust leak, gasket. Damn thing took longer than expected to fix.
  • 2nd Stuck Caliper (local mechanic fix)
  • 3rd discovered rusted brake lines during caliper fix :banghead:
  • 4th E-Brake adjustment
  • 5th windshield Cowl, was a breeze with the ECS tuning tool
  • 6th this Spring paint restoration, and a coat of CQuartz, wife hates me when I detail.

The car has some rust in the normal/expected places, but still like to have a car look as good as it can :clap:

Next fix has to be the driveshaft and guibo that need some tlc cause they are starting to shake when I accelerate in 1st and 2nd.

maybe after will be power steering pump which makes noise at slow speeds

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love tourings in this color! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Love the color.

Now for the story. I always assumed the color was Japan Rot. Don't ask why. So you inspired me to go out there and confirm this. It wasn't apparently it is Hellrot.

I've looked online at a few threads and sites and I can only find this color for sedans and coupes.

https://www.bmwinfo.com/23430.html

Anyone that can chime in on this find let me know. Pic below.

Helmet Auto part Bumper Vehicle Magenta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know what you mean when you say you like your touring more than the M3, Miguel. I owned both at one time as well and seemed to love riding in the wagon more than the M3 because of the comfort and convenience factor. Once my wagon was totaled by a girl on her cell, I did the next logical thing and just swapped everything over to my wagon.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks! Love the color.

Now for the story. I always assumed the color was Japan Rot. Don't ask why. So you inspired me to go out there and confirm this. It wasn't apparently it is Hellrot.

I've looked online at a few threads and sites and I can only find this color for sedans and coupes.

https://www.bmwinfo.com/23430.html

Anyone that can chime in on this find let me know. Pic below.

View attachment 675929

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HELLROT is probably for pre-face lift. my 03 facelift wagon is japan rot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts