BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm in the middle of changing out my LEDs in all the lights in the car, took the panel down with the sun roof switches in it, Undisclosed paraphernalia fell from the head liner. Now in a big dispute with the dealer, who might buy back the car or trade for a different one. I'm mad about the thousands i have dumped into the car. so i guess... I'm looking for a new car. :ben: what should i get for 10-20k? I was offered an S4. I was thinking: Rx8, R32, 330i, GTI, or Mini S. :hmm:

We will see what happens. This dealer is a pita, always has been, prob will try anything to get out of this.... :banghead:

·
Registered
730 Posts
haha if they offer an S4 Iwould not turn it down they are pretty slick rides my man. But sorry to hear about your car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I want to return it rather than let it go is, if i was ever in an accident and it looked like it was snowing, or i just mowed my lawn into my car, i dont want to go to jail. (that should give you a clue lol) The only problem with an s4 is $$$, i had an a4 and was always replacing axles, control arms, exhaust...and now your throwing two turbos in the the mess? lol I would love to have an s4 but the cash needed to maintain them actually makes me feel better about the **** i have to pay for a beamer lol!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Can you be more specific? There are a lot of options with a budget of $10-20K. Besides, if you take off a couple more body panels your budget might grow;) BTW, do you use hydroponic lights in your garage?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would the "car" dealer have any obligation to do anything? I'm curious why he would care outside of losing a potential repeat customer.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
you found coke in your headliner?

·
Registered
730 Posts
The reason I want to return it rather than let it go is, if i was ever in an accident and it looked like it was snowing, or i just mowed my lawn into my car, i dont want to go to jail. (that should give you a clue lol) The only problem with an s4 is $$$, i had an a4 and was always replacing axles, control arms, exhaust...and now your throwing two turbos in the the mess? lol I would love to have an s4 but the cash needed to maintain them actually makes me feel better about the **** i have to pay for a beamer lol!
haha yeah you're right man, that was the only thing that kept me from getting an M3 vs my 330 was insurance and maintainence

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Would the "car" dealer have any obligation to do anything? I'm curious why he would care outside of losing a potential repeat customer.
^This. Its only "undisclosed" if the car dealer knew about it. If i were the car dealer, the only reason I would even entertain buying back the car or letting you trade is for your potential future business. He really is under no legal obligation to even talk to you......

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i once road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos
bahahhaha i was waiting for this as soon as i seen rx8 in op's post :lmao: :clap:

·
Registered
932 Posts
^This. Its only "undisclosed" if the car dealer knew about it. If i were the car dealer, the only reason I would even entertain buying back the car or letting you trade is for your potential future business. He really is under no legal obligation to even talk to you......
If this happened out here the way these dealers are they would tell you to shove it.. I am surprised the dealer doesn't just pay to have the car inspected.. maybe you could turn the drugs you found into the local police and explain what happened they can get the previous owner's information and maybe they will let you use the drug sniffing dog to check the rest of you're car..?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
OrientBlau says: Take a freeze... :eeps:

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,735 Posts
I doubt it was any cocaine, no coke head will let any amount of cocaine sit somewhere without having plans to sniff it later.

I bet it was marijuna, I bet some guy smoked so much and stashed his baggies and totally forgot about it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If this happened out here the way these dealers are they would tell you to shove it.. I am surprised the dealer doesn't just pay to have the car inspected.. maybe you could turn the drugs you found into the local police and explain what happened they can get the previous owner's information and maybe they will let you use the drug sniffing dog to check the rest of you're car..?
dude wtf u guys talking about? strip the car, take the drugs, sell the drugs, keep the car. as simple as it gets :facepalm:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dealer went to jail. My car dealer bought the car. The searched the car and "didn't find anything." I don't want anything to do with the drugs in the car, nor look for anymore. I need to change my door regulator and afraid to pop the door panel off lol. I just think that if I can bring the car back, start over with a car with lower miles and more factory hp. 323 is a great car for what I need. Its not super fast but it does do 140. I also drive 30mi to work so getting 26mpg even with a heavy foot is nice =D. Nothing has been decided yet. Most likely.. I'll be enjoying my bmw for years to come.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts