BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still, it was an extremely tight race, and it's nice to see some of the "no-name" guys make top 10 every once in a while

It was a pretty good race. I wish the Toyota's would've done better. But with time they'll be dialed in.
yeah, give them a few races. they have some good drivers, they just need to get the cars setup right. it takes time.

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
I agree, I actually enjoy daytona racing because it's a superspeedway. It's unpredicitable now especially during the last 30 laps.

·
Banned
24,393 Posts
No matter how much I hate Nascar, I can't let you say it requires no skill compared to Le Mans. It certainly requires tons of talent and ability, it's simply a different skill set than some other forms of racing.

How many LM champs could handle being in a pack of cars 4 wide in the last 10 laps of a nascar race at a place like daytona? Probably not too many, since that isn't a regular occurance in a sportscar race.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
I've been watching F1 since long before Alonso. My opinions of Schumi stem from watching the majority of his career.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
His whole demeanor on the track is elitist and inconsiderate of his fellow drivers. It's one thing to drive super-competitively, its arguably the premier racing series in the world, but its completely another to drive people off the road and put others in danger just for an edge.

He operated with this "I'm Michael Schumacher, I can do whatever I want" sort of attitude, and I've just never respected him for it.

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
+1, requires no driving skill compared to Le Mans or anything like that.
Tell that to Juan Pablo Montoya

I've been watching F1 since long before Alonso. My opinions of Schumi stem from watching the majority of his career.
I remember when Schumi was driving the 190E in the German DTM series in the late 80's and he was dominant back then. You know back in the late 80's early 90's ESPN showed all the good racing from IMSA, F1, DTM, Touring Cars, Lemans etc....

1 - 20 of 973 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.