BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you guys tell me how to relpace my own cabin microfilter? My manual does not mention where it is. I did a search- no help. Thanks

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
open the hood and see the black cover thing right over the engine (not on the engine). There should be some 1/4 turn screws on the panel. They are hand screws so you don't even need tools (As I recall). Take that cover off and there you are.

Tim

·
Registered
452 Posts
It is probably the easiest filter to replace. I think that my dealer wanted to charge me $75 to replace it!!!!!!!!!! I used my BMWCCA discount and got the filter for $18.....................it took literally 2 minutes to do.......and no tools needed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
2001BMW330xi said:
how do you know if you need to replace the filter? :dunno:
Just take it out and look at it.............believe me, you will know when it is time to change. Just like looking at the AC filter in your house...........you can visually tell when it is time.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
is a BMW dealership the only place to get one of these? While I'm doing a DIY for the OEM alarm I might as well replace mine since I have to remove the current one for the DIY. Where to get one? :dunno:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I was shocked when I got mine yuesterday, one it was 37.00 at the local dealer, but also I really thought it was grey

IT IS BRIGHT WHITE :yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts