BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pic Request : Metallic window tint...

Anyone use a metallic/mirror window tint on their car? My wife and I just bought a titanium silver 2002 325i sedan, and I was thinking about tinting the windows with a mirror tint, like the back of my Lexus RX300...

I think a silver metallic/mirror tint on a silver car would look pretty cool.

Anyone do it already? Anyone have a picture of a silver car with this type of tint? Please post it up so I can see, and make a final decision...

·
Registered
751 Posts
too illegal and doesn't look that great

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mirror tint is illegal? Only if you tint the front driver/passenger windows, right?

Has anyone seen a silver BMW with the mirror tint on it? I think it looks pretty decent on the RX300...

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah, I've seen it done on a silver car. Looks pretty nice, but not my style. If you listen to AM radio, you might want to avoid the metallic tint though--it can mess up your reception depending on your location (and some FM can be affected too) because of the antenna in the rear window. Ask around to all of your local shops and see what they think---some in my area said it wouldn't affect it trying to gain my business, others were honest and said they didn't recommend metallic on a BMW.

·
Registered
402 Posts
just don't get the faded tint...the one that start black and goes into mirror or the other way around...cause when you roll the windows down it looks all misalined and ghetto as hell...garbabe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
schow36,

You wouldn't happen to know the forum user's name that has the silver tint would you? Did you see a picture of her car in her profile?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
elowe said:
schow36,

You wouldn't happen to know the forum user's name that has the silver tint would you? Did you see a picture of her car in her profile?
Nah, she posted pics of her whip awhile back. I can't remember her sn, but I do remember it was a white coupe, and I'm pretty sure it was a 330.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,857 Posts
get platinum plus by lumar.. not that mirrorish look but enough to keep you happy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts