BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NY and i have noticed over the last couple of days that when i change the radio station, the radio stations call sign come up and the name of the person who is singing the song that is playing. Anyone else nottice that?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get the call sign but I have never noticed the name of the singer or song. Maybe that is some new thing they are trying in NY?

·
like ma bell, i got the...
1,198 Posts
there was another thread about this ... looks like some NYC radio stations began rolling out a more informative release of RDS.

·
Sofa-king-what
2,030 Posts
it's an RDS function...

some networks use their channel to provide traffic info too (indipendent from TP funct.)...

unfortunately here in italy there are only 3-4 networks that use it....(and SHIIIIT!!!! it scrolls ****ING slowly)...

.......never heardt 'bout DAB???;)

·
Banned
421 Posts
i think it depends on each station, some stations has that feature enabled for car radios and some don't

·
Registered
159 Posts
Spridell Dinan3 said:
I live in NY and i have noticed over the last couple of days that when i change the radio station, the radio stations call sign come up and the name of the person who is singing the song that is playing. Anyone else nottice that?
it just started here as well, but only on a couple of stations

·
Got Mis-shift?
748 Posts
We have that feature in SoCal and I agree that it only works on some stations. Power106 doesn't have it but KROQ and KIIS has it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Mine just started doing the same last week. It is pretty damn cooL! It's about time they started it.

It's also kinda funny when you see the artist name chopped up because they can't format it to fit the screen.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
i notice that to

but i am like rkaufman i get the call sign but not the singer name.
it was a presant change.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
i only get the call name but maybe the songs will start appearing too, that will be nice...also, i noticed one radio station that has the call name, station name, etc. scrolling with several "..."s because its not formatted like someone said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts