BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is that time of year once again...Tuesday is the big day =)

Looking to lay down some cash and hopefully beat my boss's $14,000 win last year =)

Any one got some hot tips for race day??

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
looking at the AAMI Victoria derby the NZ'ders are bringing heat in the wet. lion tamer made the race look like the special horse olympics vs. lion tamer

7 lengths between him and the next horse over the line

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but F1 and Horse Racing both are good....Any more hot tips or should I just be looking at these NZ runners....

·
Registered
126 Posts
For the Cup you want horses that have put in race miles this prep - my personal formula is around 7-8 km in total in lead up races. For the imports this rules out most of them unless they have had a run in Australia eg Manighar in the Caulfield Cup or Americain winning the Geelong Cup. Judging by the run on Sat, in which he really cruised it in on a heavy track, I reckon So YOu Think is pretty much unbeatable if allowed to settle and cruise like he did in the Mackinnon. Will be pretty short odds though, best bet so to speak is to stand him out in a First 4 and then box a few others for the minors. If you get a 50-1 shot running a place you'll get your 14K easy enough. Trick is to pick which horses, and take it from me even with all the formulas in the world there are still 24 horses all fighting it out over 2 miles under handicap conditions, so anything can, and will, happen!!! Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts