E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The date is Sunday 30 July.

With the support of CA Automotive and other forum sponsors on EvoTechnik, we managed to secure the Bruntingthorpe air field for a mega meet. Hopefully, we'll be able to perpetuate this annually and start something similar to Bimmerfest in the US. So your support is greatly appreciated

We have space for 100 cars, we are in the process of negotiating with the grounds to see if we could have BBQ as well. If not, we'll look into the possibility of burger vans etc.

We are also negotiating with PBMW for them to cover the event. The day will be free for all, but we will be running a collection for the "Shooting Star Childrens Hospice", so any donations, big or small will be very much appreciated and will go to a very good cause.

So pen down the date. It'll be a great day out for all.

Here are the full details.

In short, this will be the largest Evotechnik meet and will be the first of what will hopefully be an annual event which will grow and grow.

This event is brought to you in conjunction with CA Autmotive, who are the premier sponsors for the event. CA will bring some of their project cars along and will no doubt have a number of things to sell.

In addition, all other forum sponsors will be represented. Ice Advice and goods will be available from Ice Cold Audio, Teddy will have his tent selling a lot of CF and performance goodies and Gibson and Boyne will be on hand to provide leather retrim and interior car care.

The best part! This will not be just your average meet, there will be a show and shine event which is open to ALL attendees, a chance to show off your pride and joy. To reward your efforts, there will be prizes from all the sponsors, to give you a taster, Andy of Ice Cold Audio will be providing a CD tuner as one of the prizes, so we're making it worth your while to make the effort.

Entrance to Bruntingthorpe will be free, however, this means no track time as otherwise we will be charged for marshall costs so it's a pure show and shine, good time meet.

There will unfortunately be some rules. As this is a non-driving event, any incidents such as burn-outs, doughnuts or any other anti-social driving behaviour will be dealt with very very strongly. Revving your cars to show off your exhausts and intakes is fine as will showing off your ICE installs, it's literally just the anti-social driving that will be on lock-down, so please respect the forum and wear the sensible hats.

Tell your friends, your colleagues, other forum members, anyone to turn up and have a great day out.

Food will be hit and miss on the day, Bruntingthorpe open at their discretion on Sunday's so there may or may not be burger vans available, so please, make your own arrangements (just in case). I will find out if BBQ's are allowed. (If any member owns a burger van, then it's your opportunity to make a couple of quid )

as mentioned, the day will be free, however, we will ask you to dig deep into your pockets and splash a bit of cash for charity. EvoTechnik will be running a collection for the "Shooting Star Childrens Hospice", every penny raised will go to the cause in the name of the forum.

We are also in talks with Performance BMW to cover the event. As you all know, PBMW came with us on the recent Ring trip and got two high-end feature cars as a result, so by turning up, there's always a chance of a) being in the mag as part of the coverage and b) get a feature if your car is well modded (PBMW discretion of course).

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey sounds good thats the same chairty as bimmerflex though? i will try to attend this one

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got confirmation from Performance BMW Magazine they will be there to do a full review and photoshoot. It's going to be a blast. We now have approximately 60 cars from various forums attending. Do come along.

·
Registered
614 Posts
hmmm I think I should be able to make it...... wonder if any of my friends will be there... don't want to be all alone.... LOL.

Durgesh

·
Flex UK Style
2,549 Posts
This is looking like a phenomenal turn out, from this and other forums, we're getting around 100 cars which I honestly thought I'd struggle to get so thank you one and all for showing your support for the forum.

Just wanted to remind you that this is not your normal car park meet, there'll be stalls to buy add-ons, there'll be a burger van for refreshments, there'll be a number of high-end audio systems on show including a 140dB vectra that the Ice Cold Audio boys have completed and last but not least, prizes!!!

For different categories (still to be defined) we will have up for grabs

£150 voucher to spend on anything you like at CA Automotive, courtesy of Roy, Founder of CA
Steering wheel retrim in colours of your choice courtesy of Gibson & Boyne
Alpine CD Headunit courtesy of Ice Cold Audio
£100 voucher to spend on anything you like at SSDD Motorsport, courtesy of Teddy

And last but not least, the "Car of Show 2006" trophy from the EvoTechnik crew.

Also, please don't forget, we're also running a collection for the Shooting Stars foundation, so please don't come empty handed. The day will be free for everyone so find it in your hearts to donate a little for those in need.

This is just over two weeks away, spread the word and prep your cars for a great day out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, this is going to be awesome, performance Bmw magazine will be there snapping away, great chance to get your car featured :thumbup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
How far away is this from London? I will be there in while this is taking place and i was wondering how far it is to see if it is a do-able day trip.

·
Flex UK Style
2,549 Posts
Synchromesh said:
How far away is this from London? I will be there in while this is taking place and i was wondering how far it is to see if it is a do-able day trip.
It's 2 hours north of london driving. Definitely do-able as a day trip, in fact, pretty much everyone coming is coming up on the day with a lot from London

1 - 16 of 16 Posts