E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 m3 with about 68k miles and ive noticed that my car it starting to tremble around 80mph. You can feel it in the steering wheel.. Could that be an alignment issue?... Also.. I have upgraded to a k&n intake which I love but has thrown off the idle when rolling in neutral at about 40mph and over and stalls.. Bad product?

Sent from my LS670 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
12 Posts
I mean if exceeding 80 mph stops vibrating steering wheel, could be just contraèsado tire failure, may have lost some counterweight or released !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has shaked at 81-84 mph since 50k. Tried different tires, wheels, control arm buchings, struts, several alignments - gave up 6 months ago and just drive faster now...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh man thats not good to hear, im putting on new wheels soon so I hope that will fix the problem.. If not then il be in the same boat.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
The K&N is garbage. I had one in my car for a year and I put the stock one back in. It ran way better after that. As for the shaking issues I had the same problem when I ran the OEM 19's on my car. I did a 4 wheel high speed balance and it took care of the shaking at 60-70mph. A wheel alignment wont help that situation, but Id recommend getting one anyway as part of your maintenance plan.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks that helped.. Im def taking it out selling it and mabe getting another brand bc they sound so nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts