BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which are a good balance between cost & sound?

DSD
RSC
PSD?

Bender recommends DSD & PSD, but why not RSC?

How big a difference are the levels of sound between the speaker classes?

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
the reference probably better than the discus series, but those would be my two choices the rear speakers. to me reference isnt worth it for back, especially if you plan to ever add a sub(s).

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh ok.. did you get the final word on if the MB Q's fit in the factory locations w/o modification to anything?

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
Delirium said:
ahh ok.. did you get the final word on if the MB Q's fit in the factory locations w/o modification to anything?
not yet, im stopping by sometime after 5pm tonight.

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
Re: bender's mission...

Tex323i said:
waiting on pins and needles..
your waiting too?? sorry guys... i didnt have time to go by the shop... i was planning to go after 5pm, but i fell asleep since i didnt sleep till 6 am yesterday night and had to be up at 8:30 today.... ill go tomorrow.

·
Registered
409 Posts
well, first of all, you're a crazy bastard, but we knew that already...very nice on the 2 1/2 hours of sleep..who needs sleep anyway?

yeah, i'm waiting to hear the verdict too. trying to figure out if i should buy the dsd's, see how they sound up front with the current system, or buy the psd's and use my additional amp.. prob not much of a choice, since i have the amp and just need mike to install it, but i'll save a good $100 on the dsd's and YOU KNOW, if i add that extra amp, i'll have to buy 4 psd's and use them for all 4 channels..

·
Registered
409 Posts
by the way, just to confirm: if i buy the dsd's and mount them in the front doors, i can just swap those out for the psd's, right? both 7".. go to sleep!

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
both should work in mb quarts 6.5 size... we'll know soon... ima need to look your car soon, if thats possible. need to take your door off. haha.. ima expert.... trust me

·
Registered
409 Posts
ohhhh sh$t...he's ready to take my car apart...who is this guy, really?

seriously, i got no prob w/ that. grad school started up again this week, so it's mostly wkds for me, but i'm up for it anytime. i'll take the help for sure and would like to see what you've got..

when you see my personal install job, you may blow chunks, but that's ok..you & mike can fix it.. :)

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
Tex323i said:
ohhhh sh$t...he's ready to take my car apart...who is this guy, really?

seriously, i got no prob w/ that. grad school started up again this week, so it's mostly wkds for me, but i'm up for it anytime. i'll take the help for sure and would like to see what you've got..

when you see my personal install job, you may blow chunks, but that's ok..you & mike can fix it.. :)
hahahaha... ill probably go by the shop tomorrow measure the speakers then look at your door panels sometime soon.

·
Registered
409 Posts
that's cool - take your time, you know i appreciate it...just joining in the group pressure..."bender - help us!! now!!"

i won't do anything until you lookat the system..and then maybe we can both decide what the hell i should do. it's either adding an amp and s-l-o-w-l-y adding psd's or adding dsd's first..

btw - you have any hookups for mbq's? mike mentioned something about it the other day..

·
Registered
409 Posts
we're keeping bender in houston, man...we can't afford to lose him! ha!

i hope they fit w/o mod's too, though i'm an owner, so if i have to apply a mod or two WITHOUT cutting, then so be it...whomever i sell it to will get a nice surprise..

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So no one thinks my idea of just using super dooper stong tape & stick the speaker to the top of the door panel is a good idea? We could get a lot more room top mounted right? And no screws!

Ok sorry, just thinking ahead.. im still on board with this whole pressuring Bender thing.....

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tex323i said:
we're keeping bender in houston, man...we can't afford to lose him! ha!.
Hey come on, he deserves a vacation! and no better place than the beaches of Southern California... :D

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
I used to have pics comparing the three mb quart series speakers that i like to stock coupe speakers... too bad i lost them and too bad we need the info for sedans this time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
really enjoyed the 'super dooper' phrase...if all else fails, right?

definitely all the way in for pressuring bender, although all he has to do is logoff and go to bed to avoid us.. :) also, i get the privelage of him tearing apart my car soon, so i have to be nice...

c'mon bender!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts