E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What size are the stock front component speakers in the 328Ci (i.e., 5.25" vs. 6.5" & .75" vs. 1.0")?

More importantly, does the MB Quart 6.5" / 1.0" component stuff drop right in without modification? Or, do you have to stick with the 5.25" / .75" component set?

If someone has done this upgrade themselves I would appreciate your insight!!!

Thanks

Note: I have read all of the previous posts on this crazy topic. I am just looking for a final confirmation on what size/series will drop right in on a '00 E46 Coupe.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hey - i am currently a single step away from answering your question. i am waiting, as i type, for a pair of mb psd 216's in the mail. as soon as i get them, i will take everything apart and see what the answer to this long awaiting question is. i think, from what i've heard, that there will have to be some additional housing added, but no cutting, etc. otherwise, the depth should be fine..

there currently is no ABSOLUTE anser to this, thus all the open-ended discussion so far, so sorry. BUT, we'll get our answer soon - if sounddomain would send me my damn speakers..

·
Registered
936 Posts
psd 216 will fit in the car. Only the Q' series won't

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about psd213? Is there any argument around the drop-in and bolt-down install on the 5.25"?

Thanks for the quick, concise responses!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts