BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i love my 330ci but i really miss driving stick. Lately i just really cant stand driving my car anymore, i want something that more fun to drive. Im not saying its not a fun car, but stick makes the car so much more enjoyable, has anyone gonr from an auto 330 to the zhp 6-speed and if so is there a noticeable difference in performance. i know it only has 10-15 hp more, but i was just wondering. thanks

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,309 Posts
I can't say I have gone from one but if the times I have seen are at all correct you can expect a good bit of extra performacne from the change.

·
'a certain moderator'
36,818 Posts
as a rule, anytime u go from auto to stick, u will have better acceleration, due to the decreased drivetrain loss of course.

i think the swap would be well worth it. ur 330Ci Auto still probly has a great resale value, i would do it now if ever

congrats!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah my dad used to have a 96 328i 5 speed and that felt quicker then my car right now. I really need to get back into a manual car, im just bored as hell when i get in my car lately.
anybody go from an auto 330 to the zhp?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
02White330Ci said:
Well i love my 330ci but i really miss driving stick. Lately i just really cant stand driving my car anymore, i want something that more fun to drive. Im not saying its not a fun car, but stick makes the car so much more enjoyable, has anyone gonr from an auto 330 to the zhp 6-speed and if so is there a noticeable difference in performance. i know it only has 10-15 hp more, but i was just wondering. thanks
I went from a 330i Step to the 330i 6sp with ZHP and it is a HUGE difference!! The change from step to stick will make you feel like you are driving a different car. It will be quicker and you will feel more connected to the car and it's A LOT more fun! I have dirven a 330i SP 5sp recently and did not notice much of a difference in power, but my car only has about 3k on it and has a lot of breaking-in to do.

It is a great transmission and tough to adjust to at first. But when you do it feels great! It feels slightly different and less mushy than the 5sp 330i. It's seems more aggressive and a little mor "notchier" which I kinda like now. Good luck and you can't go wrong with the ZHP!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I say go for it. I love my ZHP.

The big acceleration difference comes from the new drive ratio.

One of the biggest things you'll notice is the suspension, it just begs to be pushed more so than any sport package.

Besides IMO the sedan is better lookin than the non M coupe. :yikes: ;)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
mrcar1 said:
Did you guys know the '04 zhp is offered with the SMG as optional now.

:)
Not yet. It should be available in Step soon, but not SMG. That may come later on.

I personally think this car is meant to be driven with a true 6sp manual, with 3 pedals.

·
Registered
296 Posts
eksath said:

yeah! two extra doors is soooooo sexy ...:pimpin: :thumbup: ;)
Couldn't agree more! :lmao: ;) That's why its IMO.....hehehe

·
Registered
296 Posts
e46wannabe said:

man those rims look really heavy though....are those lowenhart LD1s?
That was my first thought as well......bling bling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The rims on the zhp are Arceo Bellestar 18x8 and 18x9. Took them off and am currently selling them, 5o0 miles on em. The rims on the conv are Chrome Breyton Vision's 19x9 and 19x10 from Tire Rack.

:)

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
mrcar1 said:
Here is a picture of my wifes 330hp. It walks my 330CIC conv. below.

:pimpin:

i really like your wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts