BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Take off your kidney grills. Get a GTR hood. Oil coolers (2). Fatter radiator.

·
Registered
57 Posts
-Lower deg. thermostat
-Better radiator
-Redline Water Weter
-Better oil cooler like Pizdous mentioned

Not sure about a better water pumps or hoods. Removing the kidney's is ghetto, or for track only.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$1000. I don't like the sound of that. I have a big list of items I'm looking to buy already. I'm having a problem with the plastic piece in the wheel well. It directs the air from the air ducts to the intake. Anyone know a place to buy them?

·
Registered
121 Posts
im using the turner motorsport oil cooler.

very very good.

im also using a japanese ARC transmission oil cooler to make sure my SMG stays strong and cool during hard track days.

ive seen the ARC diff oil cooler mounted on another boosted M3 as well. really really nice.. esp from the rear when you're chasing him.. it looks fierce

·
Registered
813 Posts
Why do you wanna cool your engine ? does your car overheat ?

I live in Qatar ( middle east) where it gets + 120F and my ///M is doing fine in those temps ..never seen the coolant needle above the middle ..I've had the car for 3 years with no cooling issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Order a new thermostat from the BMW Motorsport division.
Part no: 11 53 1 417 215, this will give you 55 degree (celcius) opening temp.

Does the job just fine.

2: ///M3-QTR, your car has a 77 Celcuis thermostat, all US and Euro spec cars have 88 Celcius versions...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Order a new thermostat from the BMW Motorsport division.
Part no: 11 53 1 417 215, this will give you 55 degree (celcius) opening temp.

Does the job just fine.

2: ///M3-QTR, your car has a 77 Celcuis thermostat, all US and Euro spec cars have 88 Celcius versions...
Do you know how much it cost? What is the deal of opening the temp earlier (when the fan turn on, this increase the drag of the engine belt)? Why it didn't came with this specs from factory?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
hhhmmm Motorsport Thermostat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts