E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can buy the fender apron from the strut tower forward. And you can buy the fender support(the part the fender bolts to) from the cowl forward. A straight forward repair. Even though the frame rails look good, have a body shop measure it ti be sure. Money spent here is money VERY well spent when you go to put the car back together. I think that this is the ideal builder car, good pick. Even if you send it out to get the inner apron replaced/repaired,measured, and painted, you will come out smelling like a rose. Don't be afraid to get used parts for it. On a newer car like this, there should be plenty of good used parts for it. Just don't get after market sheet metal!! But it sounds like you know that already. Good job!!
This sounds like very good advise. When I looked at the pics, I too was thinking about the frame rail and strut tower being moved a few degrees, where you couldn't see it by eye, but would frak handling. Getting good measurements and adjustments as required now makes a lot of sense.

Looks like a great project, certainly looks all repairable. Good luck!

·
Registered
247 Posts
You should consider the Peak airbag reset tool. Most garages will bill you about $100 for the reset and any diagnostics. The tool is only $130. The tool will also help you if you do still have a fault somewhere or if you develop an issue later on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.